Work With Us
Business Development Manager
£25,000 a year basic
Title: Business Development Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
Duration: Full-time, permanent
Realistic OTE: To be agreed
Gaea Environmental are one of the most highly regarded remediation contractors in Northern Ireland. Our aim is to provide the highest quality experience to customers who have experienced an oil spill. We use our vast amount of combined experience in the industry to make sure we get it right, first time, everytime – you’ll be joining a forward-thinking team, capable of coming up with their own ideas, and given free rein to put their talents to their best use and having fun doing it.
We are serious when it comes to being the best, we don’t believe in just producing at the same old level, we constantly strive to improve.
If you enjoy a challenge and love solving problems you’ll be right at home here. Every day is different and every day is rewarding. How many people get to say they saved a families home from disaster?
About the Role:
Gaea operates throughout Northern Ireland, ROI, and Isle of Man. We are part of a group who cover GB also which puts us a distinct advantage as it allows us to promote national coverage.
The successful candidate will not be restricted to a particular territory or market, you will have the opportunity to seek new clients across all markets – This is a dynamic, fast-paced role all about growing the Gaea market share through consultative selling, a customer-focused attitude, and a passion to succeed.
This is primarily a business development role, about opening and closing new opportunities quickly, with an eye on long-term relationship building. You will be a self-starter, comfortable with generating and closing new opportunities, as well as looking after the customers you sign.
In order to be successful you will have to love what you do and represent the Gaea brand with passion and professionalism.
- Generate leads and new business opportunities from cold calling and mail campaigns.
- Close deals to achieve Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual KPIs and Targets.
- Produce weekly and monthly reports on sales forecast, pipeline and activity.
- Direct selling across multiple product sets and verticals as agreed with the Head of sales
- Negotiate commercial terms and multi-year agreements with your customers.
- Look after and grow the accounts you sign.
- Attend networking events and represent Gaea in a positive light.
- Manage your time effectively.
- Use Social Media to your advantage.
- Work to agreed product, market, and business rules.
- Work closely with our Sales Operations department to get sales across the line and interface will multiple stakeholders (pre-sales, finance, service delivery)
- Constantly improve with self-learning
- Gain a competitive understanding of the clients you are working with.
- Grow your base of potential customers every day
- Other duties may be required from time to time
Key Performance Indicators
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual KPIs across multiple product sets and verticals.
- Produce weekly and monthly reports on sales pipeline and activity.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets
This business development role requires endless dedication to results.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and business-driven.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Professional behaviour and presentation
- Can do attitude
- 3 years + Sales Experience in a growth sector ideally in but not limited to Construction or Insurance sectors.
- Customer centricity and experience with dealing with customers.
- Ability to generate leads from a standing start.
- Outcome orientated.
- You are intuitive, motivated and have the drive to get on with the job in hand.
- Proven ability to operate flexibly in a complex and dynamic working environment.
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to work with key stakeholders (service delivery, product and pre-sales solutions) to get the job done
- Work well in a team environment, encouraging others and sharing successful sales techniques.
– 40 hours per week with flexibility in working conditions
– Hybrid working environment – Mostly working from home, but with travel.
– Most of your time will be in the field targeting new customers to Gaea
– Fun team environment, there’s no point if work isn’t fun.
– Visits to customers locations required – Can be anywhere in UK & Ireland.
+ Car allowance
+ Mileage allowance
+ Commission scheme
+ Laptop and Phone
Ready for your next challenge? Apply now!
Gaea is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Wellness programmes
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Telecoms or IT sales: 2 years (preferred)
- Sales: 3 years (preferred)